Welcome to LSBU FoundationCampus
Why choose London South Bank University?
Established as the Borough Polytechnic Institute in 1892, London South Bank University (LSBU) has focused on providing professional opportunities for all who can benefit for well over a century. The original aim ‘to promote the industrial skill, general knowledge, health and well-being of young men and women’ remains remarkably similar today. The continuous focus on vocational education and professional opportunity allows London South Bank University to produce graduates who can meet the challenges of today’s workplace.
With over 25,000 students, LSBU is one of the largest universities in London with students from over 120 different countries.
TOP FIVE REASONS TO STUDY AT LSBU:
1. NO.1 MODERN UNIVERSITY FOR GRADUATE STARTING SALARIES
- No.1 in the UK for graduate starting salaries amongst the modern universities (Sunday Times University Guide 2011).
- 6th for graduate starting salaries in the UK, and ahead of many universities of the Russell Group, such as University of Cambridge, University of Warwick, University of Bristol, and University of Edinburgh (The Times 2010).
2. THE BEST PREPARATION FOR A FUTURE CAREER
- 95% of LSBU graduates are employed within six months of completion of graduation.
3. WORLD-WIDE ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
- ACCA, CIM and RIBA are just a few of the internationally recognised professional bodies who accredit degree programmes at LSBU, ensuring that its students receive all the relevant teaching, knowledge and skills to prepare them for their chosen career.
4. CENTRAL LONDON LOCATION
- 15-minute walk from the River Thames, LSBU enjoys a truly central location in the capital with all of its departments based on their compact city-centre campus, on the doorstep of the world's leading financial and creative centres.
5. OUTSTANDING STUDENT SUPPORT & FACILITIES
- English language support and one-2-one private tutoring available for international students
- Multi-faith centre
- £47 million has been invested in the campus at LSBU providing students with some of the most modern teaching facilities and laboratories in London.